Chicken Stuffed Bell PeppersFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- No-Stick cooking spray shopping list
- 4 medium-sized green, red or orange bell peppers with flat bottoms shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Pure vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Cut tops off peppers. Remove and discard seeds and ribs. Place peppers in prepared pan.
- HEAT oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, sautéing 3 minutes or until onions are translucent. Place mixture into medium bowl. Combine onion mixture with chicken, rice, spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly into prepared peppers. Cover with aluminum foil.
- BAKE 40 to 50 minutes or until peppers are tender when pierced with tip of paring knife and filling is heated through. Remove from oven (do not discard foil). Top each pepper with 2 tablespoons of remaining cheese; replace foil and let stand just until cheese is melted. Serve.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating8 people
Glad to be your first '5' on this..Lovely recipe!:)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Chicken, Cheese! WOW..NICE "FIVE FORKS"greentreefrogs in loved it
Now I know what I'm gonna do with the bell peppers in my fridge.. Thanks :)iwannabachef in Buena Park loved it