Peanut Butter Crunch SquaresFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup cornstarch, sifted shopping list
- 1 pound vanilla-flavored candy coating* shopping list
- 2 cups peanuts, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy saucepan, combine condensed milk, peanut butter, water, vanilla and salt; stir in cornstarch. Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened and smooth.
- Add candy coating; cook and stir until melted and smooth. Spread evenly in wax paper lined 9-inch square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; roll firmly in peanuts to coat. Store leftovers covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.