Blue Ribbon Chicken BreastsFrom jim_julian 6 years ago
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- ¼ lb spicy bulk sausage shopping list
- 1 medium dry onion shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 T fennel seed shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- ½ C rolled oats shopping list
- 4 slices of swiss cheese shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- toothpicks shopping list
How to make it
- Using the flat side of a meat hammer pound the chicken breasts until they are about ¼ inch thick and set aside.
- Chop the onions and garlic finely. Over medium heat fry the sausage, onions, garlic, and fennel seed until the sausage is no longer pink and onions are translucent and set aside.
- Break the eggs in a dish and beat lightly. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg, then salt and pepper, then the oats so the oats coat both sides of the chicken breast.
- Place 1 slice of Swiss cheese and a quarter of the sausage mixture on each chicken breast and fold in half, fastening with toothpicks as necessary.
- In a large skillet, over high heat, add some olive oil and quickly fry each stuffed chicken breast, turning one time, until chicken is white, juices run clear, cheese is melted and oats are browned. Cooking time is dependent on how thin the breast are but generally should be 3-4 minutes.