Corn ChowderFrom laurakaay 7 years ago
- 1/2 Cup of bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 Medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- 5-6 Sprigs of fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 Sprig of fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 Cups of hot water shopping list
- 1 Cup of potatoes, diced small shopping list
- 1/4 cup of flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup of chicken stock shopping list
- 3 Cans of mexicorn shopping list
- 2 Cups Scalded half and half shopping list
- 2 egg yolks slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 TBS. butter shopping list
- Dash of ground sage shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Garnish: finely chopped parsley or chives shopping list
How to make it
- In a soup pot brown the bacon, when enough grease has suitably covered the bottom of the pan add in the onion and cook for 2 - 3 minutes over a medim-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add one small bay leaf tied to the fresh sprigs of parsley and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper and a dash of ground sage.
- Stir in cup of diced potatoes and two cups of hot water, cook until the potatoes are tender.
- To thicken the mix, combine the flour and the chicken stock into a slurry and add to soup in pot, stirring until incorporated.
- Add cans of corn and the scalded milk and stir well.
- Bring contents of pot to a boil and then remove it from the heat and just before serving, stir in the egg yolks and add one tablespoon of butter.
- Dust with finely chopped parsley or chives and sere very hot.
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating1 people
Just seeing what's in this lets me know it'll be good. I'm bookmarking.dynie in Marietta loved it