Gluten-Free Almond Thumbprint CookiesFrom lor 5 years ago
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) ground almonds shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) rice flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) soy flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tapioca flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apricot or peach jam shopping list
How to make it
- Line rimless baking sheets with parchment paper or grease and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Separate 1 of the eggs and drop the white into a small shallow bowl and set aside.
- Add yolk and remaining egg to butter mixture and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the almonds, the rice flour, soy flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon and salt and add to butter mixture in 2 additions and stir just until blended.
- Lightly beat reserved egg white with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water.
- Place remaining almonds in shallow dish.
- Roll dough by scant 1 tbsp (15 mL) into balls.
- Dip each into egg white mixture and roll in almonds to coat.
- Place, 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on prepared sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, make an indent in the centre of each.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of 350°F (180°C) oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until light golden in about 15 minutes. Press indent again. Transfer to wire rack; let cool.
- Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and store for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.)
- Evenly spoon jam into indent of each cookie.
- Source: Canadian Living Holiday Best: 2005
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
simply love these cookies thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Great recipe and I know someone who will really appreciate it because she can only have gluten free foods. Thanks so much for posting.chacha in New York loved it
My Granddaughter has celiac, I will add this to the list of foods I can make for her thank you so much,,,,,,,,,,,:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Gluten Free No Wheat239 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
101 A Celiac Gluten Free Place170 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice76 members
Sugar From Mama13 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members
Christmas Is Coming55 members
Dietary Restrictions10 members