Tofu DengakuFrom dreamweaver 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup red miso shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sake shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mirin shopping list
- 3 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 8 tablespoons niban dashi shopping list
- 1 pound firm tofu shopping list
- bamboo skewers shopping list
- garnishes: toasted sesame seeds, slivered lemon rind, chopped green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Combine miso, sake, mirin, sugar and dashi in a double boiler over low heat. Stir until smooth and thicken to a paste consistency, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the tofu from the package and wrap in paper towels. Place on a plate and place a plate on top, to press water out of tofu. Place tofu block longways and cut in half horizontally. Rotate each half 90 degrees and cut into 3/4-inch slices. Carefully insert two bamboo skewers into each slice so that they angle slightly.
- Grill over very hot coals for about 3 minutes on each side. It is helpful to place bricks on your grill to rest skewers on so that the tofu doesn't touch the grill. After turning to second side, spread the miso sauce on the already grilled side. Turn again and grill the miso sauce side for another minute. Top each with one of the garnishes.
The Cookdreamweaver Galeton, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!