HUGE soft pretzels with cheese sauceFrom bakerrakka 8 years ago
- 2 cup bread flour unbleached shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk heated to 100* shopping list
- 2 packets of dry active yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup water bottled really is better shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoond melted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- **cheese sauce recipe below** shopping list
How to make it
- start by heating oven to 350
- now heat milk on stove top slowley to heat milk to higher than 110* you can kill your yeast :( let your warm yeast sit in the milk for about 5 min. while you mix the rest of the dry ingredients together, in another bowl mix the egg and water with honey and butter then add this to the dry bowl with yeast milk mix, mix a little and let rest for 10 min, come back and work around with your hands need it for a few minutes to bring everything to a nice smooth ball, use as much flower as nesary, now ina greasy bowl , i use evoo let this rest on top of your warm stove for 30 min, come and punch down the dough and get a large huge pot of water boiling and youll need a spider meshey spoon like thing it help alot because we are boiling these bagels youll need a way to get them out safely, and when making the bagels make a strip about 1/2 inch wide and as long as your dough looks all spread out on the counter and roll like a playdough snake and them just try and try with your first dough to make this classic pretzel shape, i say use this first one to practice so that they all dont come out tough and way too chewey, so through away your practice one and shap them all when making these the first time i thought id make tiny pretzels but when boiling they shot up to huge ones so make little ones and youll have huge ones once they cooke
- s now you have all these little pretzels and a pot of boiling salted water youll put on or two in at a time for 2 min per side them place out on a cookie sheet to rest, put more in and place your already boiled ones in the 350 oven for 20 min to bake, repeat this until you have all boiled and baked
- for cheese sauce:
- take one cup whole milk and put oven medium heat
- now grate 2 cups cheddar and 1 cup swiss cheese into milk add 1 teaspoon cayanne for some heat and stir and sitr until a thick melted cheesey sauce for dipping your pipping hot pretzels in!!
The Cookbakerrakka Lebanon, OR
The Rating4 people
Terrific! High fiver! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I love the ... enough flower to form a ball. About two more cups btw.
Taste was very good.chummers in Lindstrom loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!