Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede Homestyle Cream Of Vegetable SoupFrom laurakaay 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked vegetables - potatoes, corn, green bean, lima beans, onion, carrots shopping list
- 1 pint half-and-half cream shopping list
- chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3-quart sauce pot, melt margarine.
- Add onion, garlic, and corn syrup.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Add flour, white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and vegetables.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Add half-and-half.
- Simmer until desired consistency (it should turn out nice and thick).
- Stir constantly , careful not to let it come to a boil.
- Garnish the soup with chopped parsley and serve.
- Now the recipe doesn't call for any flour or a roux of any kind but when I made it I wished I had made one, it took a looooonnnnnggggg time to thicken up, maybe I'm just impatient! lol It was soooooooo very good though, hope you all enjoy!!!
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating5 people
oh yummmmmmmm!!!!! love it!!!!! i love soups this is great... thank you .......i also love your avatar too.such a beautiful fairyminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow the corn syrup threw me but it sounds great! I am a soup fan and of course I am also a fan of Dolly's! So it has to be great! Thanks for sharing! Debdmajor in Slidell loved it
Love soup...This sounds great...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it