Pumpkin Chiffon PieFrom 55to64 8 years ago
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup cornstarch shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ cup cold milk shopping list
- 1¾ cups canned pumpkin shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 of cloves shopping list
- 1/8 of nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 of ginger shopping list
- 2 tablespoons boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup hot milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soft butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon plain gelatin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 9-inch baked pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sized heavy bottomed saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Beat egg yolks with 1/4 cup cold milk. Add the pumpkin. Stir to combine.
- Add spices to 2 tablespoons boiling water to for a paste.
- Heat one cup of milk almost to a simmer.
- Add spices and hot milk to saucepan of pumpkin.
- Cook pumpkin mixture about five minutes or until it comes to a boil. let it boil no more than another minute.
- Add the butter and mix
- Dissolve gelatin in tablespoon of cold water. when thickened, add to pumpkin.
- While pumpkin mixture is cooling slightly, beat the egg whites until they cling to the bowl.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of sugar to the whites and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the hot pumpkin a little at a time being careful not to overwork the whites.
- Allow to stand about 10 to 15 minutes. Pumpkin should still be pourable, but cooled a bit.
- Pour into a baked pie shell. Refrigerate.
- SERVE: I usually decorate the top with stabilized whipped cream. Sometimes, I'll serve sweetened whipped cream on the side.
The Cook55to64 River Forest, IL
The Rating3 people
I LOVE it!!! We have just celebrated Thanksgiving her in Canada but I know I'll be making this Pumpkin Chiffon Pie either before Christmas or for Christmas. We LOVE pumpkin pie in my family. Here's to you for your "5" fork winner!lor in Toronto loved it
Great recipe! Fiver! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it