Easy Old Fashioned Style Chili SauceFrom upstatevoyager 5 years ago
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 small to medium red bell peppers, coarsley chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (light or dark, whatever you have) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, whirl peppers and onions until finely chopped.
- In Dutch oven, combine undrained tomatoes with vegetables and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer 1 1/2 hour to 2 1/2 hours or until thickened to liking.
- STIR FREQUENTLY!
- Cool, pack in containers and chill.
- This is great mixed with mayo for a quick salad dressing or on the side with any beef or pork!
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating4 people
This recipe is bar none, the most amazing chili sauce recipe ever. We grow tomatoes and every year I have to try 100 different tomatoe recipes, this one is a keeper. My family craves for this one particular recipe. I dare not substitue.MBIGS in loved it
Wonderful recipe :)donman in Hammond loved it
Nice!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!