Easy Old Fashioned Style Chili SauceFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 small to medium red bell peppers, coarsley chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (light or dark, whatever you have) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, whirl peppers and onions until finely chopped.
- In Dutch oven, combine undrained tomatoes with vegetables and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer 1 1/2 hour to 2 1/2 hours or until thickened to liking.
- STIR FREQUENTLY!
- Cool, pack in containers and chill.
- This is great mixed with mayo for a quick salad dressing or on the side with any beef or pork!
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating4 people
Nice!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Wonderful recipe :)donman in Hammond loved it
This recipe is bar none, the most amazing chili sauce recipe ever. We grow tomatoes and every year I have to try 100 different tomatoe recipes, this one is a keeper. My family craves for this one particular recipe. I dare not substitue.MBIGS in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!