Bacon Wrapped TroutFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Place 1 garlic clove and 1 sage and thyme sprig inside each fish. Season them well with salt and pepper.
- Lay 2 slices bacon, overlapping, on a board.
- Place the fish on top and wrap the bacon around the fish, securing it with the wet string.
- Repeat with the remaining fish.
- Preheat the grill to high, then oil well.
- Grill the fish 4 to 6 minutes a side, or until the bacon is crispy and the fish is cooked through.
- Cut off the string and serve.
- To make grilling fish easier and prevent it from sticking, place it in a well-oiled fish basket and secure well.
- Also, not everyone likes to have fish presented with the head and tail still on. Remove before grilling if you prefer it this way.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating9 people
Slick! How did you get that diamond frame around the picture? 5
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
I adore fresh trout. Thankskitchenhappy1 in Toronto loved it
Yes yes and yes!! I used to make my version of this one when i go fishing. This is my favorite trout recipe. I will definitely try yours. Thanks for sharing !
Jean.greenlord in Montreal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!