TiramisuFrom jrt_mom 8 years ago
- 1 125g package sponge or lady fingers (about 20pcs) shopping list
- ¼ pint very strong black coffee, preferably espresso shopping list
- 2 tbsp brandy shopping list
- 3 tbsp dark rum shopping list
- 1 250g package Galbani mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 50grams confectioner’s sugar, sieved shopping list
- ¼ pint whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, sieved shopping list
- 30grms plain chocolate, grated shopping list
- A few drops of almond and pure vanilla essences shopping list
How to make it
- In a glass dish about 50cm or two inches deep, arrange half the sponge fingers in a single layer, breaking up to fit if necessary.
- Mix the cooled coffee, brandy and 1tbsp of rum, and pour half evenly over the sponge fingers.
- In a bowl, mix the Galbani mascarpone cheese, confectioner’s sugar, remainder of rum and essences. Stir in the cream and mix well.
- Pour half of this mix into a serving dish. Cover with remaining sponge fingers and coffee mix, top with cheese mixture and smooth over.
- Cover and chill for at least three to four hours.
- Decorate with cocoa powder and chocolate before serving.