Chicken With OlivesFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 4 skinless,boneless chicken breast halves(11/4-11/2lbs total) shopping list
- 2Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion,sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 1 15oz. can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 5.75-oz. jar sliced ,pitted green olives,drained shopping list
- 1 2.25-oz. can sliced,pitted ripe olives,drained shopping list
- 2 Tbs capers shopping list
- 2 Tbs finely shreaded lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano,crushed shopping list
- 3Tbs snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet,brown chicken in oil over med-high heat 5 mins,turning once. Remove chicken from skillet;set aside. Add onions to skillet. Cook over med heat for 8-10 mins or till tender and lightly browned'stirring occasionally and adding garlic the last 1 min of cooking.
- Stir tomatoes,olives,capers,lemon peel and oregano into onion mixture. Place chicken on tomato mixture. Bring to boiling;reduce heat. Simmer,covered,13-15 mins or till chicken is no longer pink!(170 degrees).
- To serve,place chicken on a platter. Season tomato mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.