Chicken With OlivesFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 4 skinless,boneless chicken breast halves(11/4-11/2lbs total) shopping list
- 2Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion,sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 1 15oz. can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 5.75-oz. jar sliced ,pitted green olives,drained shopping list
- 1 2.25-oz. can sliced,pitted ripe olives,drained shopping list
- 2 Tbs capers shopping list
- 2 Tbs finely shreaded lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano,crushed shopping list
- 3Tbs snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet,brown chicken in oil over med-high heat 5 mins,turning once. Remove chicken from skillet;set aside. Add onions to skillet. Cook over med heat for 8-10 mins or till tender and lightly browned'stirring occasionally and adding garlic the last 1 min of cooking.
- Stir tomatoes,olives,capers,lemon peel and oregano into onion mixture. Place chicken on tomato mixture. Bring to boiling;reduce heat. Simmer,covered,13-15 mins or till chicken is no longer pink!(170 degrees).
- To serve,place chicken on a platter. Season tomato mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
Oh this looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing!
I'm trying this tonight! :-)
Okay, I'm eating it now and it's GREAT!! So many flavors bursting in my mouth....may have to have seconds! Thanks for a great recipe! Pamela