Apple Nut MuffinsFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups diced peeled apples shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts shopping list
- ===================================================== shopping list
- Muffins: shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream shopping list
- cinnamon-sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth.
- Add apples; cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; stir in nuts. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of batter into greased jumbo muffin cups.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of each (do not spread).
- Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-27 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks.
- Yield: 1 dozen jumbo muffins or 2 dozen regular muffins.
- Note: If using regular-size muffin cups, fill cups half full with batter; add a rounded teaspoonful of apple mixture and remaining batter.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating3 people
blueeyes68ky, Gotta Love them Apples! Fantastic recipe! You go girl You got my 5 Thanks:)kimberry in Mesa loved it
wow great apple muffins high5 printing thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thank you for this..love apples, muffins and
nuts!! Very HIGH 5ers!! * * * * * :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Veggies Fruits And Grains54 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Southern Sassyness71 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
An Apple A Day30 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members