Linguini Ala ForestaFrom jrt_mom 7 years ago
- 500 grams Linguini pasta shopping list
- 250 grams diced prosciutto (italian bacon) shopping list
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium white onion, minced shopping list
- 1 can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup black pitted olives, sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil (or 1 tbsp fresh basil) shopping list
- 1 tsp capers in vinegar (optional) shopping list
- dash of ground pepper shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmiggiano-reggiano shopping list
- *Subsitute linguini with spaghetti pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Saute garlic in olive oil, add onions and bacon.
- Add olives and capers.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until ingredients are well-blended and oil starts to come out.
- Add basil, ground pepper and salt.
- Mix with pasta and top with parmiggiano-reggiano.
- Serve in a large bowl with bread sticks, garlic bread or focaccia.
- Bon Appetit!