Easy Sponge CakeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
How to make it
- Separate the whites from the yolks, add a pinch of salt to the whites and place in the refrigerator while the remaining ingredients are being prepared.
- Beat the yolks and the sugar until light; add the lemon rind and
- juice, flour and baking powder.
- Mix until a batter is formed.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold carefully into the batter.
- Bake in a spring form or an ungreased pan at 325 F for 50 or 60 minutes.
- Upon removing from oven,invert on a wire rack and allow to cool before removing from rack. ( I invert over an empy wine bottle )
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
great recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it