crab cakes with Creamy Caper SauceFrom marky90 7 years ago
- 1 pound crabmeat, picked free of shells shopping list
- 1/3 cup crushed saltine crackers shopping list
- 3 green onions (green and white parts), finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- flour, for dusting shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil, canola or peanut shopping list
- caper Sauce: see below shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and oil.
- Shape into patties and dust with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Serve warm.
- Optional but delicious Creamy Caper Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup drained capers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- Mix all ingredients together, whisk and chill ahead of time
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating6 people
I can tell that this one is wonderful! Just enough filler to stick it together! Got my 5!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
Yum! Mouth watering as I type! Can't wait to try the Caper Sauce!tnjazmyn in Manchester loved it
You had me with the title, great recipe, thank you.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it