Mussels In A Tomato-herb SauceFrom mamalou 5 years ago
- 2 lbs fresh mussels, washed and beard removed shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil (my addition) shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (my addition) shopping list
- red pepper flakes, to taste (my addition) shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 cup white wine (my addition) shopping list
- salt & pepper (to taste--my addition) shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (I used fresh tomato) shopping list
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon peel shopping list
- 6 oz. penne pasta, cooked and drained (I use 8oz for my family) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Saute garlic and red pepper flakes in oil until garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add wine, let cook another minute or two. Add tomato, mussels, lemon juice and peel. Cover and cook until mussel open, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add parsley, toss with cooked penne and garnish with additional parsley if desired.