Shrimp and Pasta with Ceole Cream SauceFrom mamalou 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp* shopping list
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning (used Emeril's Original Essence) shopping list
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- *1 1/2 pounds frozen shrimp, thawed, may be substituted. shopping list
How to make it
- Peel shrimp, and de-vein, if desired. Toss shrimp with Creole seasoning; set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet. Add green onions and garlic to skillet; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium; stir in cream and hot sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in shrimp and parsley. Toss with pasta. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Serve immediately.