Ragu Alla Bolognese With FettuccineFrom mamalou 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped ( I added this, not in original recipe) shopping list
- 5 ounces ground veal shopping list
- 5 ounces ground pork shopping list
- 5 ounces ground round shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato puree shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk (used 3/4 cup 2% plus 1/4 cup light cream) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 2 (9-ounce) packages fresh fettuccine, cooked and drained (use dried pasta and it is just fine) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- parsley sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot; cover and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, add garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove onion mixture from pan.
- Add veal, pork, and beef to pan; cook over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add wine, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes. Add the onion mixture, broth, and tomato puree; bring to a simmer. Cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk and minced parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Add pasta, and toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
The Cookmamalou Attleboro, MA
The Rating2 people
I have a recipe of ragu but very plain and simple using just beef (or veal) and pancetta. This is so full of flavor! So wonderful! Thanks mamalou :0)
Leila (JRT mom)jrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it
Super recipe. I have saved this one and give you a 5!
Thank you for sharing.
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!