Fra Diavolo Sauce With Pasta And SeafoodFrom mamalou 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 3 cups whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I use less) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta shopping list
- 8 ounces small shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 8 ounces bay scallops shopping list
- 1/2 lb. mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- 1 In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the garlic over medium heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle, pour in the tomatoes. Season with salt and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- 3 In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat. Add the shrimp and scallops, and mussels. Cook for about 2 -3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the shrimp turn pink and mussels have opened. . Add shrimp, scallops, and mussels to the tomato mixture, and stir in the parsley. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce just begins to bubble. Serve sauce over pasta.
The Cookmamalou Attleboro, MA
The Rating3 people
This looks GREAT!! Thanks for the post.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it