Three Onion SauteFrom annalou 9 years ago
How to make it
- Gather your vegetables.
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. Peel and slice onions in ring quarters. Cut broccoli into flowerettes. Peel and slice parsnips in rounds. Slice turkey bacon in smallish pieces.
- Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan, add onions and saute over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Keep sauteing until onions are moist and limp.
- Add the turkey bacon and continue to saute. The longer the onions saute, the sweeter and more concentrated their flavors get.
- Next add the parsnips. Continue sauteing until the parsnips are nearly tender.
- Finally, add the broccoli and saute until the broccoli reaches your desired level of doneness. I like mine with a little crispness left in, but still cooked. The turkey ham added enough salt, so I didn't add any. However, you'll want to test and salt & pepper to your taste. I didn't add any other flavorings as I wanted the sweetness of the onion to come through without adornment.
The Cookannalou Mill Valley, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!