Wolfgang Pucks Butternut Squash SoupFrom jones2888 7 years ago
- Yields: 10 servings shopping list
- 1/2 cup white onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 large butternut squash (about 2 to 2 1/2 lbs), peeled, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 1/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced (4 to 5 medium potatoes) shopping list
- 2 ounces butter shopping list
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 gallon vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 pint cream shopping list
- 2 t. curry powder shopping list
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 T brown sugar shopping list
- salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, melt the butter on low heat.
- Add the onions, carrots and squash and cook on low heat, covered, stirring occasionally until vegetables are translucent but not brown, 30 minutes to an hour. The objective is to bring out the natural sugars.
- Add the vegetable stock; cook two hours, until the vegetables are soft. Add the cream and curry powder. Blend with a mixer until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, adjusting for sweetness and acidity with the lemon juice and sugar.
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!