Jersey Fresh Tomatoes and PastaFrom danerin2 7 years ago
How to make it
- Put water on to boil for the pasta.
- Cut cleaned tomatoes in half horizontally, around the "equator".
- Using the bigger holes of a box grater, scrape the tomato across until all the pulp is "grated" into a medium mixing bowl. Kind of flatten your hand on the tomato as you go, and you'll be left with a flat piece of tomato skin and no cuts on your hand!
- Finely chop garlic and add to tomatoes, along with olive oil, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain and add to bowl with tomato mixture.
- Stir well and serve.
- I like to let this sit for a few minutes and serve at room temperature.