Blue Cheese Red Onion Jam Crescent ThumbprintsFrom 22566 7 years ago
- 1 Package(3oz) cream cheese,softened shopping list
- 1/2 Cup gorgonzola cheese,crumbled shopping list
- 1 Can(8oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls shopping list
- 1/3 Cup pecans,chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 Cup red onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 Cup apricot preserves shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves,dried shopping list
How to make it
- In bowl,mix cheeses until blended,set aside.
- Unroll and separate dough into 2 rectangles.
- Place 1 rectangle on board,press perforations together to seal.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2" of long sides.
- Sprinkle half of the pecans evenly over cheese.
- Start at long side and roll up,press seam to seal.
- Cut roll into 16 slices about 3/4" thick,using serrated knife.(I did'nt get this many slices with mine)
- Place cut side down on ungreased sheet,repeat with other dough.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a skillet,heat oil ,add onion and cook for about 5 minutes,stirring often,until soft and lightly brown,remove from heat and stir in vinegar,preserves and thyme,set aside.
- After removing rolls from oven,immediately press center of each roll to make small indentation.
- Spoon slightly less than 1/2 teaspoon red onion jam into each indentation.Remove from cookie sheet and serve warm.
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating4 people
wonderful combo of flavors thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds absolutely amazing. Love everything about this recipe. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!