Country Pork Ribs and Barbecue SauceFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- Sauce Ingredients: shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 medium) chopped onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 (28-ounce) bottle ketchup shopping list
- 1 (6-ounce) jar prepared mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- Ribs Ingredients: shopping list
- 6 pounds country-style pork ribs shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all sauce ingredients in 3-quart saucepan. Cover; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce comes to a full boil (10 to 15 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and flavors are blended (1 to 1 1/2 hours). Strain sauce, if desired.
- Meanwhile, place ribs in 4-quart saucepan; add water. Cover; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until water comes to a full boil (25 to 30 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Cook until ribs are fork tender (30 to 35 minutes). Drain; pat dry.
- Heat 1 side of gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Place coals to 1 side in charcoal grill. Make aluminum foil drip pan; place opposite coals.
- Place ribs onto grill over drip pan. Grill, turning occasionally and brushing with sauce, until desired doneness (25 to 30 minutes). Serve with additional warm sauce.
- Ribs are precooked to shorten grilling time.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating5 people
Sounds realy great...will be trying soon...Thanks!hooch in New Zealand loved it
Oh My Gosh, can hardly wait to make these, they sound so good. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!