Easy Chocolate CupcakesFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process) shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the vegetable oil and water over low heat.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour with the sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the melted butter mixture and beat with a handheld mixer at low speed until smooth.
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated, then add the buttermilk and vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping the bottom and side of the bowl.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin tins, filling them about three-fourths full.
- Bake the cupcakes in the center of the oven for about 25 minutes, until springy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool slightly, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
- Frost and top the cupcakes as desired.