Margarita Cupcakes With Key lime IcingFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 1 package (18.25 oz. white cake mix (no pudding in the mix) shopping list
- 1 can (10 oz.) frozen margarita mix, thawed (undiluted) shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest shopping list
- key lime cream cheese Icing: shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest or lemon zest shopping list
- 4-5 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- Yield: Makes about 3 cups icing. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line standard muffin pan with baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, Margarita mix, egg whites and vegetable oil using electric mixer.
- Stir in lime zest; mix completely.
- Fill prepared pans 2/3 full.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack 5-8 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with icing and garnish, if desired, with a strawberry and/or lime twist,
- Directions for Key Lime Icing:
- In large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, juice and zest with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add 4 cups confectioners' sugar, one cup at a time; continue beating until light and fluffy.
- If icing is too thin add additional confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating4 people
On MM!!! I made these yesterday and I have to say that they were to DIE for! My BF, who normally is not a big fan of key lime pie just DEVOURED these!LOL Thanks for a great recipe. Helene
BTW- You have so many great recipes!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!