Coco Loco BrowninesFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 12/3c sugar shopping list
- 1 stick(4oz) unsalted butter.room temperature shopping list
- 1c unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3/4tsp salt shopping list
- 2tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3lg. eggs shopping list
- 1c flour shopping list
- 11/2c natural almonds,toasted and chopped shopping list
- 3/4c semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2c shreaded sweetened coconut shopping list
- 1/2c sweetened condensed milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325. Grease a 9x13" baking dish;lone crosswise with a 14" piece of parchment paper,allowing ends to hang over sides.
- In a large saucepan,cook the sugar and butter over med. heat,whisking occasionally,until bubbling. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder and 1/2tsp salt;let cool for 10 mins. Whisk in the flour,then stir in 1c. almonds. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula. Top with the remaining 1/2c almonds and the chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl,combine the coconut,sweetened condensed milk and remaining 1,4tsp salt. Spoon the coconut mixture in dollops over the surface of the batter. Bake till the coconut is golden-brown and the brownie layer is just set in the center,about 35 mins. Let cool completely before cutting into 16 bars.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Yummy in my tummy!!!
Thanks for a great post-will have to make these for hubby!
Carrie :)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
Yummy is right! Is it 1/2 cup sugar?clbacon in Birmingham loved it