Orange Applesauce CupcakesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel shopping list
- 2 to 4 teaspoons orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Beat in applesauce, vanilla and orange peel.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add orange peel and enough orange juice to achieve spreading consistency.
- Frost cupcakes.