Lobster CantoneseFrom docjoe 8 years ago
- 1 live lobster (about 1 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 1 Tbl. fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup ground pork shopping list
- 2 Tbl. oil (peanut oil preferred) shopping list
- 3/4 chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbl. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tbl. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbl. water shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 scallions, cut on bias 1/2" long shopping list
How to make it
- Clean the lobster and chop into 1 1/2" sections. The claws and large legs may be kept whole but must be cracked (separate the knucles from the claws).
- Saute the garlic in oil for about 1 minute.
- Add pork to the oil and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the lobster and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and water.
- Add to the lobster mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the egg into the sauce, remove from the heat, and stir gently to distribute the egg.
- Place the lobster on a serving platter and garnish with the scallion.
- Serve with rice.