Bourbon Honey and Spice Butterflied Lamb LegFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup bourbon shopping list
- 2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 3 lb butterflied lamb leg shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp bourbon shopping list
- 2 tbsp red currant jelly shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock shopping list
How to make it
- Combine mustard, honey, bourbon, coriander, cumin and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Brush over lamb leg. Season with pepper.
- Marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place lamb, fat side up, on rack in a roasting pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, basting occasionally or until juices run slightly pink.
- Place lamb on a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make sauce.
- Discard all fat from roasting pan.
- Stir in vinegar, bourbon, jelly, mustard and stock.
- Bring to boil, boil 3 to 5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Sauce should be thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- To serve, carve into thin slices and drizzle sauce over lamb.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating8 people
Great recipe,Chef! The ingredients are divine!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
how nice! five from me, Chefbizzielizzie in Orillia loved it
Yes. A very interesting take. I use Bourbon a lot, but have not used it on lamb. Yet!merlin in San Francisco loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!