Chicken MarsalaFrom ivey 5 years ago
- marsala Sauce: shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1 slice prosciutto, diced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 2 4-oz can mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup marsala wine shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 teaspoons corn starch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
- chicken Spice: shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 4 chicken breasts (small butterfly cut double breasts or large single breasts) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Marsala Sauce:
- 1. Melt butter over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- 2. Turn heat up to medium/high to saute the prosciutto in the melted butter for about 2 - 3 minutes (be careful not to burn butter), add shallots and garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- 3. Add marsala wine, simmer for another 30 seconds or so, then add mushrooms (drain off liquid) and black pepper. Simmer over medium/high heat for 5 minutes
- 4. Dissolve corn starch in chicken stock. Add stock to the saucepan and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- 5. Add parsley and cream to the sauce and simmer for 3 - 4 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat, cover until needed.
- 1. Preheat barbecue grill on high heat.
- 2. Combine ingredients for the chicken spice in a small bowl. Use your thumb and fingers to crush the spices in the bowl to make a finer blend.
- 3. Brush each chicken breast generously with olive oil. Sprinkle spice blend over both sides of each chicken breast and grill for 6 - 8 minutes per side or until done.
- 4. Give chicken a one quarter turn on each side while cooking to make the crisscross grill marks.
- 1. Serve entree by arranging each chicken breast on a plate. Spoon one quarter of the marsala sauce over each serving of chicken and serve.
The Cookivey Kentwood, MI
The Rating5 people
This "5"FORK!!!!! recipe contains some of my favorite ingredients! I really like the added
instructions for making the 'Chicken Spice'...how thoughtful of you to include this!
I want to try this recipe the first chance I get...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
What a great recipe you have posted your sauce is wonderful I love those shallots they ad that sweet flavor to your recipe.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
This is also one of my fave Italian dishes. Great recipe! High 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!