Coconut-Pineapple Loaf CakeFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained well shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, tossing occasionally, 6 to 10 minutes; set aside. Butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch (8-cup) loaf pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low, and alternately add flour mixture in three parts and sour cream in two, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until combined (do not overmix).
- Using a rubber spatula, fold pineapple and 1 cup coconut into batter. Spoon into prepared pan, and smooth top; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65 to 70 minutes (cover pan with foil halfway through). Let cake cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating6 people
Like eating a pina colada!!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
Really Nice recipe..I see now what all the fuss is about on other pages ...some one gave you a 1 for the recipe. SassySue must not like you either. I however do its a Great recipe Its worth a 10 ..so high 5!!!greentreefrogs in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!