Honey Ginger chicken w Orange riceFrom gemini69 8 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 2/3 cups orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup long-grain rice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecan halves shopping list
- 1/4 cup white cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 4 (4 oz.) skinless boneless chicken breasts shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In med. saucepan, combine the water and orange juice; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat and simmer covered until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 min. Fluff w/ fork then stir in parsley and orange zest.
- 2. Spray broiler rack w/ nonstick spray; preheat broiler
- 3. In food processor, combine the pecans, cornmeal, and pepper until nuts are finely ground. Transfer to a plate. In a shallow bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce and ginger. Dip the chicken in the honey mixture and then roll it in the cornmeal mixture.
- 4. Broil the chicken 5 in. from the heat until crusty brown and cooked through, about 4 min on each side. Serve w/ the rice.
The Cookgemini69 APO AP, Armed Forces Pa
- Not added to any groups yet!