Autumn Apple Cake 11From blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in apples and nuts if desired.
- Spoon into a greased 8-in. square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 9 servings.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating3 people
Piece Of Cake376 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Veggies Fruits And Grains54 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Southern Sassyness71 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
An Apple A Day30 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members