Paula Deens Southwest Georgia Pound CakeFrom moss52 7 years ago
- I followed the recipe exactly as follows. This was my first try at a pound cake, and it turned out perfectly! shopping list
- * 2 sticks butter, softened shopping list
- * 3 cup sugar shopping list
- * 6 eggs shopping list
- * 3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- * 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (you may use lemon or almond flavoring instead) shopping list
How to make it
- Generously grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternately add flour mixture and heavy cream to butter-sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in flavoring.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Place in a cold oven, set oven temperature at 325, and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes without opening oven door. Bake for an additional 15 minutes if necessary. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto cake plate, and for a real treat, serve yourself a slice while it's still warm.
The Cookmoss52 TX
The Rating5 people
Delicious pound cake!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
LOVE THE PAULA DEEN...I recently went to Savanah,GA and did her tour...Loved it...When I came back my friend owns an awesome store here...and I got him to start selling Paula Deen products...GOING OUT THE ROOF....Look forward to more great receipes.....moreoliviaj in Crumpler loved it
Sounds so good. '5' from mebrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!