Paula Deens Spiked Sweet Potato PieFrom cardinal54 8 years ago
- 1 9" unbaked pie crust shopping list
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes, strings removed shopping list
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tablspoon bourbon (optional) shopping list
- 1 unbaked pie shell shopping list
- For Garnish: shopping list
- 2 cups freshly whipped cream shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped shopping list
- maple syrup to drizzle shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven for 450 degrees F.
- Prick pie shell with fork and bake for 10 minutes before filling.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, butter, vanilla, sugar, salt, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, heavy cream and bourbon.
- Mix well with an electric hand mixer until all ingredients are smooth. Remove any strings from the potatoes as you are mixing.
- Pour the filling into the precooked pie shell and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue cooking for 35 minutes or until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.