Merrimans Roast Pineapple PorkFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 1/2 c. olive oil shopping list
- 2 T. fresh rosemary, chopped shopping list
- 2 t. garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 lbs. fresh pork butt shopping list
- 1/4 c. canola oil shopping list
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1" chunks shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 leek, coarsely chopped (white part only) shopping list
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 (14-15 oz.) can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 c. unsweetened pineapple juice shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In small bowl, mix oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; rub the mixture into the pork, making sure to cover all surfaces. In large ovenproof skillet, brown the pork on all sides. Surround the meat with the chopped pineapple, celery, carrot, leek and onion.
- Roast for 2-3 hours at 350 or until the meat is cook through and tender. Every half hour, give the meat a quarter turn, stirr the veggies, and baste.
- Transfer the meat to a carving board and keep warm. With a slotted spoon, remove the veggies and put into a food processor. Remove excess grease from roasting pan; add the chicken broth and pineapple juice and cook over medium heat, sitrring frequently, until mixture becomes syrupy (about 20 minutes). Put the liquid into the food processor with the veggies and puree (be careful not to do this when the liquid is too hot or it may burst from the container). Season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice the pork and serve with the sauce.