Pistachio Chocolate Chip ShortbreadFrom annieamie 7 years ago
- 1 pound of regular butter, at room temperature (4 sticks) shopping list
- 4 cups of regular flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar (You can use light brown sugar) shopping list
- 2 TB fresh lemon zest (or fresh orange zest) shopping list
- 1 cup raw shelled pistachio nuts shopping list
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, semi-sweet shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the butter well with the sugar until fluffy.(I use a KitchenAid mixer.)
- Add lemon zest and cornstarch.
- Mix well.
- Turn off mixer and add the flour and mix until blended.
- Add chips, and pistachios and mix for one minute until well-combined.
- Using a large baking pan, covered with "release" aluminum foil or a silpat/parchment paper, turn your mixing bowl over onto the non-stick surface of the pan, letting the dough fall into the pan.
- Using your hands, press the dough starting at one end, evenly across the pan.
- You want the cookie dough to be about 1/2 of an inch thick.
- The dough will not fill the pan completely so trying to keep a straight line of dough near the other end of the pan, fold the aluminum close to the dough, making a "wall" of foil against the dough (like the edge of the pan.) (You should have a good 2 inches of space between the dough and the edge of the pan.)
- Slide the pan on to the middle rack in your oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the pan and continue baking until the dough is light golden in color and firm to the touch. Do not let it get too brown!
- As soon are you remove the pan from the oven, cut the dough into either long bars, 2x2 inch squares or small bars by pressing your knife into the dough. Do not run the knife through the dough. Just press down and cut to the bottom of the pan.
- Let cool and serve.
- **This is also a great recipe if you omit the nuts and chips. Leave the lemon peel in for that light and fresh flavor.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating2 people
Cookin Moms348 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Chocoholics Anonymous154 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Tried And True Recipes40 members
Companys Coming115 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Lemon Lovers167 members
A Tea Party71 members
A Cookie Jar58 members