Asian Meatballs In Plum Sauce On RiceFrom kidaria 6 years ago
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice shopping list
- 600g lean ground beef or pork shopping list
- 1/3 cup plum sauce shopping list
- 2 tbs mirin shopping list
- 1 tbs soya sauce shopping list
- steamed rice, to serve shopping list
- Steamed Asian greens such as Chinese broccoli or Gai Lan, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to a large nonstick skillet.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the ginger and Chinese five spice, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Combine the shallot mixture and mince in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- Roll 1 tablespoonful of the mixture into a ball. Transfer to a large plate.
- Wipe skillet clean and add remaining olive oil.
- Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Combine the plum sauce, rice wine and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Add to the pan and toss until the meatballs are coated and the sauce is heated through.
- Spoon the steamed rice among serving plates.
- Top with the meatballs and drizzle over the sauce.
- Serve with steamed Chinese broccoli
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating5 people
Thank you for sharing!
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it
I think this is a really tasty and simple recipe. I hope it gets a higher rating. Franfrandee in Burnaby loved it
These meatballs sound like they have a killer flavor. I will be trying this recipe soon... Thanks Kidaria.... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it