Fresh Lemon Tea CakeFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 2 medium size lemons shopping list
- 2 c ups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour (not self rising) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract shopping list
- 6 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch tube pan.
- From 1 lemon, grate peel and squeeze juice; reserve juice for icing later.
- In a large bowl, mix at low speed sugar, butter just until well blended; increase speed to high; beat for about 10 minutes until light and fluffy; scrape bowl often.
- Reduce speed to low and add lemon peel, cake flour, milk, baking powder, lemon extract, and egg yolks; beat until well mixed; constantly scraping bowl.
- Increase speed to high; beat for 2 minutes, ocassionally scraping bowl.
- Spoon batter into pan ; bake one hour and 15 minutes or until cake is done.
- Cool cake on rack for 10 minutes; remove cake from pan.
- Cool completely.
- In medium bowl mix confectioners sugar and just enough lemon juice to make smooth....
- Drizzle this on cake...also garnish with lemon zest from last lemon.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating1 people
I love lemon and this sounds terrific, thanks for posting!tpatti in Wellsville loved it