Quick And Easy Ground Beef StroganoffFrom chinablue 7 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1- 1 1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion (or plain onion) soup mix shopping list
- 3 cups egg noodles ( i use no yolk extra wide dumplings) shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 8 porta bella mushrooms, sliced thinly (8 ounces of canned mushrooms stems and pieces can be used) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes or chives for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and flour. Stir well to mix and set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, brown the ground beef well allowing it to begin to carmelize a bit.
- Drain well.
- Add water to deglaze, then mushrooms and lipton soup mix.
- Stir well and then gently stir in the egg noodles.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly and simmer over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until noodles are done, about 20 mins.
- Remove from heat and fold the sourcream/flour mixture into the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsly or chives, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- OPTION: Meat, soup and mushroom mixture may be cooked seperately from the noodles and served over them, but the recipe for that is NOT the same as the one here. It will be much too soupy if the noodles are not cooked with the rest of the mixture if you use this recipe for that type of presentation. I would cut the water to 1 1/4 cups, and add only 1/2 the soup mix. You can reduce it if it's still too soupy.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookchinablue 24747, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!