Grilled Ny Steak California Chanterelles And Corn Saute Garlic Rosemary Broken VinaigretteFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- 4 prime NY strip steaks, 8 oz each shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- For corn: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 ears of fresh white corn, cut off the cob shopping list
- 1 cup chanterelle mushrooms, cut in peices if they are really big shopping list
- 1 small shallot, chopped shopping list
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves only shopping list
- white pepper & kosher salt to taste shopping list
- For "broken" vinaigrette: shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (I used one from Spain, very fruity) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, smashed shopping list
- 1 sprig rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- For "broken" vinaigrette: Place garlic, rosemary and olive oil in saucepan over medium heat until you can smell the aromas and the oil is warm. Take off heat and allow to sit for one hour so oil becomes infused.
- Strain oil into small bowl. Add balsamic and VERY LIGHTLY stir with a small spoon. What you want is to keep the vinegar and oil separate so you get these cool looking beads of vinegar floating in the oil.
- For corn: Melt butter in large non-stick pan. Add remaining ingredients and sauté over med-high until mushrooms are cooked and corn is slightly caramelized.
- For steaks: Remove the steaks from the refrigerator about 30 to 40 minutes before cooking. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow the steaks to come to room temperature. Before grilling, shape the steaks by gently pushing the sides into the center to create height. Season both side with kosher salt
- Place the meat on the hottest part of your charcoal grill. If at any time the grill flares up, move the steaks to the outside edge, returning them to the center when the flame dies down. Do not slide the steaks across the grill; gently pick them up with tongs. The key is not to flip them around. Ultimately you want to turn a New York strip steak only three times, cooking each side twice for 3 minutes at a time (for a total cooking time of 12 minutes), to get a rare steak with adequate char. Tent with foil and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- To plate: Place mound of corn in center of serving plate. Slightly overlap the steak on the corn. With a teaspoon, drizzle the vinaigrette in a swirl pattern around the plate. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprig.