Garlic Mashed PotatoesFrom bellsd 7 years ago
- 6 large russet potatoes shopping list
- 1.5 liter (16 C) cold water shopping list
- 3 med cloves fresh garlic shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 C cold whole milk shopping list
- 4 oz sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Put your water on to boil.
- Scrub & chop your potatoes into big chunks
- When water is boiling, add potatoes.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- While butter melts, slice garlic into thin pieces using razor.
- When butter is melted & slightly bubbling, add pinch salt & gentle toss in garlic. Stir & allow to cook slowly. (The idea is to impart garlic flavor into the butter)
- When boiling water turns white & frothy check potatoes for doneness. (the white is release of starch by potatoes)
- When done drain potatoes & return to pot. Add garlic in butter, pepper, salt, milk & sour cream.
- Using hand mixer, beat potatoes thoroughly & incorporate garlic, milk, etc.
- Correct spices as necessary