Paula Deens Big Lady New Millennium SandwichFrom cardinal54 6 years ago
- 3 cups chicken, diced (or a 1 to 3-pound chicken) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 2 celery stalks plus 2 cups chopped shopping list
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning shopping list
- 2 tablespoons reserved chicken stock shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 8 slices sourdough bread shopping list
- 8 to 12 whole pimentos, drained shopping list
- 8 to 12 deli-sliced cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chicken along with the salt, pepper, onion, and celery stalks in a large stockpot.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pot, cool, and remove skin and bones, if using whole chicken.
- Reserve the liquid.
- Dice the chicken and place in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped celery, eggs, seasoning salt, mayonnaise, lemon-pepper, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and some reserved stock and mix well.
- Butter 1 side each bread slice.
- Divide chicken mixture among 4 of the slices on the unbuttered side. Add whole pimentos, 2 to 3, and sliced deli Cheddar.
- Cover with the remaining 4 slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Preheat an indoor grill/panini press.
- Place sandwiches on the grill/panini press and grill for a few minutes on each side.