Whole Wheat Gingerbread ChildrenFrom morninlite 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups castor sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter - softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2 tsp ginger shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add molasses and egg, blend well.
- Lightly spoon flours into measuring cup; level off and dump into another bowl, add soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time to butter/molasses mixture, combining well after each addition. Divide dough into 4 balls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate only 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough one ball at a time, at 1/8 inch thick Cut with floured Gingerbread boy and girl cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Gently move arms and legs of the cookies for different poses.
- Cut scrap dough into hats, scarves, mitten, boots, etc. Place on the cookie children so they stay warm.
- Bake at 350 for 6 to 9 minutes, or until set, they will be a light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute, transfer to cooling rack and cool completely, then decorate as desired.
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, US
The Rating4 people
We love gingerbread and this recipe uses whole wheat flour, how awesome!juels in Clayton loved it
I love gingerbread -reminds me of Christmas!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
great gingerbread cookies thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it