Whole Wheat Gingerbread ChildrenFrom morninlite 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups castor sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter - softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2 tsp ginger shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add molasses and egg, blend well.
- Lightly spoon flours into measuring cup; level off and dump into another bowl, add soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time to butter/molasses mixture, combining well after each addition. Divide dough into 4 balls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate only 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough one ball at a time, at 1/8 inch thick Cut with floured Gingerbread boy and girl cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Gently move arms and legs of the cookies for different poses.
- Cut scrap dough into hats, scarves, mitten, boots, etc. Place on the cookie children so they stay warm.
- Bake at 350 for 6 to 9 minutes, or until set, they will be a light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute, transfer to cooling rack and cool completely, then decorate as desired.
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, US
The Rating4 people
great gingerbread cookies thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love gingerbread -reminds me of Christmas!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
We love gingerbread and this recipe uses whole wheat flour, how awesome!juels in Clayton loved it