Grilled Chicken Pesto Tortellini Pasta SaladFrom fizzle3nat 6 years ago
- 4 small Skinless, Boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 small/med. red onion shopping list
- Grill seasoning (Like McCormick Montreal steak seasoning) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 - 9 oz. pkgs. Fresh cheese tortellini shopping list
- ½ 16 oz. jar roasted red peppers shopping list
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts shopping list
- ½ - ⅔ c. Pesto shopping list
- ½ - ⅔ c. mayonnaise shopping list
- Splash of lemon juice or red wine vinegar shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with grill seasoning to taste. Peel and slice onion into ⅜” slices; lightly brush with olive oil. Grill chicken breasts and onions until done. Cool completely.
- Boil tortellini in plenty of salted water until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool. Drain thoroughly.
- Cut chicken into ½” – ¾” cubes, or pull apart into bite-sized pieces..
- Drain artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers.
- Chop cooled onion, artichoke hearts, and roasted red peppers.
- In a large bowl, mix pasta, chicken, and vegetables.
- Mix together equal parts of pesto and mayonnaise and the splash of lemon juice and mix into the salad mixture. Mix just a ½ cup each pesto and mayonnaise first, and mix additional ¼ cup each if you feel salad needs additional dressing.
- Sprinkle in grated parmesan cheese to taste.
- Chill well before serving.
- * You may also add some sliced, oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes as well, if you like them. They are a nice addition for something different, but I usually make it without.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!