Chocolate-Coconut Angel CupcakesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided shopping list
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Sift together twice; set aside.
- Add the almond extract, cream of tartar and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Gradually fold in cocoa mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time. Gently fold in coconut.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and top appears dry.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks