Mayoosha - Date Paste Cookies for RamadanFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a food processor combine dates and 1 tbs butter and puree into a paste.
- Heat ghee in sauce pan and stir in flour and cook until mixture turns brown over medium heat , about 5 minutes.
- Stir in date paste and spice.
- Cook and stir until well combined on low heat for a few minutes.
- Stir in nuts
- When cool enough to handle, pinch off pieces of mixture and form into balls.
- Place in little paper fluted cups
- These will store airtight up to a week
- Typically served with coffee
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
May you have a peaceful, safe year too!
Thankslanceoferin in Blackshear loved it
Peace be with you--I love cardamom!uncoolmom in Atlanta loved it
Oh, what a wonderful, flavorful recipe! Happy Ramadan!elgab89 in Toronto loved it